UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss As if its not bad enough now I have to spend all day Monday getting rid of a PC VIRUS in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

As if things are not bad enough and hard enough out there in the working world I have had to spend all day Monday trying to shift this PC Virus that infected one of my PC's.

I have one PC (the left one) to deal with email and internet.

I have the other PC (the right one) to deal with internet ecommerce website.

383260_10150458387522014_617362013_8460957_333477419_n.jpg

And now its sucking the hours out of the day trying to get rid of this rubbish as I am TRYING to get on with some real work.

Grrrrrr

Last edited by a moderator:

nybor62

TF
rotherham
Re: As if its not bad enough now I have to spend all day Monday getting rid of a PC V

Yes its the XP Home security 2012 virus and at the moment the system is slooowllllly going through my PC trying to remove it.
I have a backup PC at the factory so its not the end of the world if we lose this one. But still a pain.

Hey thats life!

yeah its a rouge spyware, it will prompt you to download windows security software, when actually you are down loading a virus

K

kendo1

Re: As if its not bad enough now I have to spend all day Monday getting rid of a PC V

Two free anti-virus software gets rid of this.
Superantispyware and Spybot-search and destroy.
The trouble is getting them on to your computer.
Another way is to reset to a previous restore point, but the virus stops you doing anything.
So, you have to restart and try F8 for safe start. If this does not work, try again with F12 and you should be able to enter system restore.

Once up and running you should try a new anti-virus.

Good one Kendo, I agree with the spybot, it works really well.And once its cleaned up you really want to get a decent security suite. I use Nortons and and since I have I've not had a problem at all and I download heaps of stuff. If you use the spybot just make sure you have a back up of your important clean files. Spybot is quite an aggressive cleaner so check its settings before you run it.:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1779

I have heard that the Macbooks are much better. I was thinking of trying to get into some software that lets you do your own editing of photoshop style stuff for leaflets and advertising blurb.

And it seems that most people vouch for the macbooks. But I think I might be a bit old and stupid to start learning a new skill again.

At the moment I run my PC's and a very old copy of Dreamweaver to keep the website up to date.

PS: Its Saturday 21/01/2012 and the good news is virus gone and PC back to its self.

403680_10150468105657014_617362013_8488603_1567336178_n.jpg

Now thats what my office SHOULD look like !!!!

Hoorrayyyy

K

kendo1

This virus adds itself to the start up menu.
You can check to see if it is gone completely by going to 'run' and typing 'msconfig' and then press 'enter' (or by entering safe mode if you are still infected). The virus also (sometimes) disables the F12 menu at start up.
From the System Configuration Utility that pops up got to the 'start up' tab and scroll down to the bottom to where the virus will have added a ticked box with a line of numbers after it. This is command to load the virus at start up.
Simply untick the box and then press 'apply'.

You'll be asked to restart, so do so. The virus is disabled.
If the line of numbers is still there, but unticked, you still need to get rid of it properly.
Superantispyware seems to do it and Housecall by Hijackthis does too.

Enjoy!

Ken

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to As if its not bad enough now I have to spend all day Monday getting rid of a PC VIRUS in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have cream coloured limestone tiles installed on outdoor walls around the perimeter of my...
Replies
Views
Hello tilers, I’m after some advice. I started doing a mosaic during lockdown, spent two days...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
I
    • Informative
I'm going back to talking about self-leveling clips. (systems with wedge, the other me, I do not...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
J
Hi all, Just had the bathroom floor tiled - well almost , the builder walked off after a...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.