UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Ascot tiling - Granite 400 metres in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

m3 fitter

flamed texture and Polished Nero within a water feature, two drop down pools with waterfall, anmd 260 metres of flamed granite slab surrounding the water feature:
windlesham400.jpg

windlesham002.jpg

windlesham005.jpg

windlesham024.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
He's been in the business years and it's commnercial work which is slightly different to domestic. I think in this case he is doing the job for a guy he's done many jobs for.

Once you've been in the trade a while you tend to trust those who have done work for you well a few times so you tend not to hear about jobs like this unless it's somebody you know and have done work for.

Originally though these jobs go to 'tender' where a few companies will 'bid' for the work meaning they will explain what they can do, what they charge and how long for etc and somebody else will do the same with a slightly different outcome maybe and the choice that fits the developer or contractor best will be choosen, not always based on price unless it's residential work which is where I found the most price-war type bidding was going on.

M

m3 fitter

starting Fixing Tuesday morning, and have managed to lay approx 45 sq,metres including the cuts, did take some photo's but my data cable for the phone is round the ex's :mad: , unfortunately the Absolut Nero is non calibabrated, and non square.... thickness a single tile can vary from 7mm one end to 1mm the other, which is why i'm fixing it with a 13mm notched trowel, not solid bed, more tolerance, approx 4 metres per bag of adhesive... the sizes are varying from 297mm-301 which i'm compensating for with an eye joint in places to make / lose the difference.... pictures soon

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ascot tiling - Granite 400 metres in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.