Discuss Awkward customer in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mrct

I've just completed a 15 m2 toilet walls and 3 m2 mosaic floor. As you walk into the room the window is not central to the wall, the boxing in built for the toilet is. The big square silver flush box is central to the boxing is so in setting out I centered the flush. I was on the job for two days with the customer coming in and out at various stages of the job and being happy with it all. As I left she said she would bacs over the balance and was really happy with the job. I didn't hear from her for three days. I then got a scathing email complaint that the window wasn't tiled central and she wasn't happy. I explained that the window was not central to the wall yet the boxing in and the flush and toilet were and this is where I centered the tile. If I had tried to tile the window central then the line for the flush and loo would of been out of line and the eye would of been drawn to it. She still wouldn't have it so I said I would pop by to talk it through. I didn't hear from her in a week. Eventually I pinned her down and managed to go and have a look, when I was there she was quite rude and kept going on about how she didn't care about the loo or boxing being centre, I knew I wasn't going to win so I said ok ill do what ever you want to rectify it. She said give me 24 hrs to get back to you - it's been 7 days now and she isn't returning my calls- where do I stand ? She hasn't paid me a penny either.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Sounds like shes trying to get out of paying. One would assume if she was going to bacs payment then she was happy with the job.....probably had some know it all look at the job and pick holes in it.

If she's ignoring you then I would send a letter recorded delivery demanding payment in full. Any issues can be sorted but she has to give you that opportunity. .she cant just ignore you...

M

mrct

It's now going to court. I sent a recorded delivery letter as I still hadn't heard from her in 14 days. I stated in the letter her issues and my response and requested full payment as I hadn't heard from her. Since then another 7 days have gone and nothing.

Then out of the blue I now have a response saying my issues regarding the flush and loo being centre are " nonsense" but like I've said before the window hasn't even been built centre to the wall !!!

i got tipped off the other day that she had been talking to another tradesman ( a painter) and he told her she had to respond or it would go against her in court. And guess what fell onto my door mat today five weeks late. Nope not the money but her response.

I have posted sited a pic of what I've centered on another post today. Please let. Me know your thoughts. 30 yrs tiling 14 yrs running my own biz and this is my first legal dispute. Really don't need it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Awkward customer in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've done 3 days working for someone tiling 2 walls. The state of the wall is not flat and...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I've been asked to tile over an acrylic splashback in a kitchen with 60x250on tiles. The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB