Discuss Ayup! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Evening Guys and Girls,

Sorry i've not been about much lately. My misses has landed me right in a pickle.

Been renovating a house for a friend since the start on the month. Well a friend of my better half. Fallen on hard times, divorce, left with four kids and forced to downsize to a smaller more affordable 5 bedroom townhouse.

Anyway, house needed going over top to bottom and only a month to get it set. So my girlfriend offered my services for the whole month. Heres a link to the property:

Property history - 6 Lakeview Way, Hampton Centre, Peterborough PE7 8FG - Marketed for sale on 4th May 2012 - Zoopla

Anyway, all bedrooms have needed decorating, two bathrooms to re-tile, an ensuite, kitchen to install and cloakroom. So i've been working flat out lately. Will be back more frequently soon though. Will post some pictures when i'm finished.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Yeah i'm getting paid for my labour, can't grumble there. It's just a mammouth task to complete single handed in 4 weeks. She needs to be in by the 28th of Feb though. I've had to call in quite a few favors to get some excellent discounts. Manage to get Howdens down to 85% off. Felt a bit like Miss Messenger at times though. But it's my good deed for 2013. I'm absolutely dead on my feet with the hours i've had to put in

How is everyone then? Keeping out of mischief?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
It was only built in 2006, sold for £249'995 from new. It's in the Hampton township in Peterborough. Started in 2000 and screamed promise and prospects for the City and has gone downhill ever since. It's yet another social housing project of our wonderful council. A method they've tried and failed at 3 times in the past 3 decades. A thing it's some suits brain fart to build better communities, So they build homes like this:

5 bedroom detached house for sale in London Road, Hampton Vale, Peterborough, PE7

Next to properties like this one:

2 bedroom apartment for sale in Eagle Way, Hampton Vale, Peterborough, PE7

The Hamptons is 13 years old, is the only township/area of Peterborough with a manned police station, the works are constantly being re-done and a huge amount still remians unfinished. They are 10 years late with the big, expensive and plush leisure centre and gym. Think we're now possibly getting a mini fitness first in November. The whole project is a failure of sheer epic proportions, i could rant on for ages.
But if any of you want to know what the council has created for us, again. We now feature on our very own Cop Squad program for the Cambridgeshire area. The Hamptons feature a lot on there. It's on Watch all the time.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ayup! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Just a quick hello as I have been away for a couple of months, have popped my nose in from time...
Replies
Views
Posted this on the plumbers forum too. Every bathroom I do, I always allow for a skip. They...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
A
Hi guys hoping someone could advise me as to what needs doing on a job i am on. Its a long...
Replies
Views
AKOTiler
A
J
Hi guys, We bought our first house in 2012 and, like most first houses, it was in a terrible...
Replies
Views
J
M
Hi, I have been cruising this forum for a few weeks now looking for and finding loads of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB