Guest viewing is limited

Discuss b and q tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all.

Just been to look at a job with the big 600 x 600 polished pocelain from b&q.

I've laid two types of these before, one had the plastic film on which needed peeling off before cleaning and sealing. The other had the wax coating on which had to be removed, i knew this because there was massive pieces of paper in the boxes explaining how the wax should be removed etc. I thought it was really hard to actually see the wax.

However, these tiles are the same but there's no film on them and it looks like there's no wax coating either. There's no notes in the boxes about the wax coating, just writing on the box saying they require sealing.

Does anyone know if they do these tiles without the wax or the plastic on. I dont want to seal them before i know for defo.

cheers.

All the B&Q Polished porcelain I have seen recently have had a wax coating on them, IMO you can't see or feel it but if they say it's there then it's best to take it off

I know what your saying, its just these tiles dont say its there. They are shiny aswell. I think i'll just persume its there and clean them off before sealing.
B&Q :mad2:

Reply to b and q tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I know this might be a long shot but I’m looking for discontinued tiles from B&Q 5 years ago...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Preston

Thread Information

Title
b and q tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.