Discuss B&Q Okay? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sydney

I am in the process of sourcing tiles for my bathroom and so have joined this forum as part of that research. Hello! I have seen some tiles I like from B&Q (ceramic, white, matt, 400 x 300) but having read the 'best and worst tiles' thread, I'm now worried about the uniformity and quality of B&Q. Are these okay? Will my tiler be happy with them? I did buy a sample and showed it to him and nothing was mentioned about the quality. I'm also considering using the Topps Tiles white Stratum on a feature wall next to the bath and shower. But, again, having read the threads, will this be okay? My tiler hasn't mentioned any issues with either of my choices - apart from requesting that the Stratum has a 1mm grout. Help, opinions and advice would be really appreciated.

Hi and welcome.

If your tiler from the outset has mentioned the need for a grout line this suggests he is a good egg.

As for the bnq reference, there are better places to buy tiles from, however ceramics tend to be ok. The issues with bnq porcelain tend to crop up in the forum quite regularly.

Other members will be along shortly to advise however im off to price a job so must rush this one.

Thanks.

P

Plumbing Tiler

Our local B&Q has just been done out with a very fancy new tiling section apparently to take on Topps directly!, it does have some very nice looking tiles indeed but I'm afraid I couldn't advise on the quality of them as I haven't fitted any recently, although like many others I have had horror stories in the past with size variation, shade variation, damaged stock, breakages etc etc, time will tell I guess.......

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to B&Q Okay? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Can anyone suggest how I might find some of these (or something very similar from another...
Replies
Views
I know it's a long shot, we had our kitchen tiled in b&q tiles in 2017, we adjusted the kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB