Discuss Back butter or not.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

tfs

chances are there are grids/ raised ribs on the back of the tile. If not then at least lift every few tiles to ensure adequate coverage.

I personally don't feel that skimming the back of a tile ensure adequate coverage, there is regularities throughout a surface and I believe only way to be sure (without straightening a surface first)is to lift some tiles after bedding and it is easier to tell when the back has not been skimmed.

Just my own opinion ;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Back butter or not.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking to lay large format (900x900mm) thin (5.5mm) porcelain floor tiles onto a sand and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB