Discuss Backer board screws or normal screws? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

you can nail it with galvanised nails jf you want

You can yes, but I wouldn't, nails have a habit of working their way loose on a wooden substrate, if a floor board is squeaky it's because it's been nailed not screwed. Screws are a must IMO, hardie/NMP must be of the same opinion otherwise they wouldn't have developed their own screws.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

imageprovider.ashx

They might be cheaper now bri ... that price was when they first brought them out.... but i find them too long at 30mm ..ok for the Hardi 500 boards but not the 250 on floors.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Backer board screws or normal screws? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just wondered what would be best? The original tiles had a few hairline cracks from the house...
Replies
Views
I'm about to tile my kitchen with 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles. I am tiling onto a subfloor...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just seen patches of tile backer board with patches where something looks to have...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB