Discuss Backer boards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mbcmultitrade

Advice please

nicobond tile backer board

Can someone advise me on this product, for overlaying floors?

I was going to try using Nicobond tile backer board fixed onto chipboard with Nicobond rapid set ady, hoping to remove the need to overboard with ply, however I discovered that the Nicobond tile backer is made from polystyrene and is not a cement board. I've also seen aqua panel, no more ply, Hardi backer, marmox backer. Is the Nicobond backer board ok for this or best used on walls, or are one of the other products better....??

be gentle ;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Backer boards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just wondered what would be best? The original tiles had a few hairline cracks from the house...
Replies
Views
I'm about to tile my kitchen with 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles. I am tiling onto a subfloor...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB