Discuss Bad condition wall preparation in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

milhouse_31

Ok, I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned but i couldnt find this exact problem!

I have just about finished stripping some old tiles off a bathroom wall. Over some quite large areas, the wall under the tiles is just bare render that is not in good condition and needs levelling/covering with something before i can consider tiling it.

What products does anyone recommend? I have looked at Bal quickset render and thistle multi-finish plaster so far but don't know if either would be suitable.

Any help would be grateful!!

M

milhouse_31

well, I would say they aren't good. 20130119_145140.jpg

The darker specs you can see in the picture are were its down to the blockwork.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
thanks widler, it's certainly an option.

If i didn't dryline it, do you think it would be OK to give a coat of one coat plaster though? Presumably I would need to PVA it first - does anyone recommend any specific brand or just any?
i wouldnt onecoat plaster a patch never mind a full wall,its pants :thumbsdown:

seriously mate if you are a diyer drylining it is easy as making a brew,and it will be flat as a pancake :thumbsup:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Knock it back to to wall? Start again? Depends on new furniture? Ideally, wreck it out, re-board/plaster and gain some space! it's bound to be old multi-plastered DIY plastered walls hanging way too much weight as it is without slapping dri-wall adhesive, plasterboard, adhesive and tiles on top of it??

What in the gods are you on about ?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Knock it back to to wall? Start again? Depends on new furniture? Ideally, wreck it out, re-board/plaster and gain some space! it's bound to be old multi-plastered DIY plastered walls hanging way too much weight as it is without slapping dri-wall adhesive, plasterboard, adhesive and tiles on top of it??

Just seen time you wrote it, drunk were we mate ;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bad condition wall preparation in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm retiling the walls in the pictures which is a shower above a bath - one wall is stripped...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB