Discuss Bad Friday in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Went to finish a bathroom off today, just had to grout and silicone. All grouted up by 1pm, grout set by 2pm so dusted off and hoovered round ready for silicone. Pulled the blue protective polythene off the shower tray only to find it cracked all the way across, had to ring plumber (his job), break the bottom row of cuts off and remove tray. Tanking and plasterboard is now buggered and I only had one spare tile so gonna have to try and find a box of the same batch. It's soul destroying having spent so much time on a room, making the prep work and tiling spot on, only to have to remove it because of someone else's **** up. Not sure who to blame really, was it damaged before fitting? To me it looks like a transit crack, it's a resin tray and the crack goes all the way through to the back, I'm surprised its not in two pieces! I can't help but feel the tanking is going to be compromised when its repaired. Worst of all I know I'm not going to get my extra money for fixing it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364576405.648365.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364576433.390709.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364576458.591222.jpg

I

Ian

I

Ian

This one was Bri leaking like a sieve. Don't know how he did it, but he was there about one hour, £106.00 I believe, not bad work if you can get it.

I've never used the bath doctor or similar companies, I hear that they can work miracles. I reckon if the customer hadn't seen the crack we could have repaired it and been ok, once they knew it was there the only option was to remove it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bad Friday in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB