Discuss Bad tiling job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

AJ48

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone can help me. Ive just had my hallway and kitchen floor tiled with very expensive rough edge porcelain tiles, 50 sq metres approx and paid a lot of money for fitting , includes adhesive and grout. Being very busy with work i was away when most of the work was done, ( gave them a key ) i wish i had looked closer at the finished result before handing over the cheque, ive got no receipt for ( promised they would drop round, but havent ). These people were recommended where i bought the tiles so just assumed they would be fine. I have since found out the tiles should have been sealed before grouting, they didnt. I guess this is why they insisted on using a very light colour grout to avoid staining the tiles. I wanted 2mm grout lines, but they are much bigger and look very wide in places because of the style of tile.

I feel upset as this has cost me a lot of money. The tiler is very intimidating and on occassions when i did see him smelt of alcohol. I feel scared to contact him!
Guess i have yet again had a crap job done, why is it so hard to find good tradesmen?

Does anyone think its worth complaining to him, obviously nothing can be done other than rip them up and start again?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

AJ

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ratcliffestilin

Hi there sorry to ear that you have not had the job done to how you wanted it but yes you should def get in contact with the said tiler if you are unhappy with the work you have paid for the work doing so if you are not happy with the end product you should speak to them about the things you are not happy with and that you want these things sorting out.You should not be scared to contact them you are a paying customer and have the right to complain if the job is not to your satisfaction and also speak to the company who recommended them to you they may be able to help.hope you get things sorted

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Take pictures and send a letter to the tiler.

Should be 3mm minimum grout join on floors, that's british standard rules not anybody else's. So measure them.

Perhaps inform the tile shop too, so they stop recommending him. If they did actually recommend him and not just hand a range of cards out, they could also be held party accountable. Shops usually don't recommend tilers they don't trust.

Start sticking everything in writing and request a written response.

And if you can, as said above, upload some pictures so we can take a look for you and see what's going on.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bad tiling job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
I was hoping for some advice. I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB