Discuss BAL grip adhesive and Topps in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blunt Tool

The wife wants to renew kitchen wall and floor tiles and we have been looking for a few weeks now. I don't get to pick :( I just have to fix them! She still hasn't found what she wants so we were into Topps tiles today, one that I have never been in and for a change had on normal clothes and just looked like a normal punter. She spots metro tiles in different shades of grey (oh no I hate metro tiles) but anything for a quiet life! So need to find out if all are in stock or need ordered? Sales assistant comes over, Hi can I help? Yes I would like 4 square metres of these tiles, 1 square metre of each shade of grey. No problem come over to the till and I'll see if they are in stock or order, she says. You will need adhesive and grout for them she says. She recommends BAL grip £29.99 plus vat for 10litre tub! I can get for £6.99 from CTD. You will probably need 3 of them she says, 3x10ltr tubs of crappy ready mixed never setting adhesive for 4 square metres of tiles costing just about £90.00 plus vat! Does she think I'm going to do a 60mm dot dab? I smile and say nothing. You will need grout also 4x3kgs bags of BAL microflex and 2 silicone to suit. Does she think I am going to use 25mm joints and I don't have a cutter so will just grout in anything that is not a whole tile? I smile and say nothing. I ask her why BAL grout as have heard Mapei was a good grout and we liked the colours? No the metro tiles I have picked are only suitable for BAL products! Had enough by now and walk out, no wonder I always tell customers that I will supply all materials!! :mad:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to BAL grip adhesive and Topps in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I purchased some tiles on the 13th August from Topps Tiles in London, I wont say which one. But...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB