Discuss BAL SP1 for niches in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Screw some marmox to the timber....

Best way IMO

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409685282.623939.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409685297.726818.jpg

B

blue_max

Thank you for your suggestions. I have 'roughed' it in with 2x4 treated timber, so don't have too much flexibility. I'm just trying to decide how to treat the interior - inside over the exterior, flush with the exterior or AN Other...

I also have some edging, so am in a quandry. I have some impey waterguard stuff, which I snagged off ebay, which I hope may be a stand-in. Sort of making this up as I go along!

B

blue_max

OK fair point, if it helps...

The tiles are the same colour (a dark grey). I shot these outside, so they look totally different, but hope you get the idea.

www.mcreative.co.uk/tile_niche_options/1_no_trim.jpg
www.mcreative.co.uk/tile_niche_options/2_trim_to_front.jpg
www.mcreative.co.uk/tile_niche_options/3_trim_on_top.jpg

From a waterproofing point of view, having a full tile on the bottom would be best, but If it is waterproofed well, I might not be too concerned about another option if it has a nicer look. These won't be directly under the shower. 1 shows a cocktail stick to represent grout. I will use a dark grout, but am unsure whether to use grout between the trim and tiles.

The tiles have a factory edge which is obviously unglazed, but I don't dislike. It has a more industrial look, which is fine. I also wonder about grouting into the inside edges, or just a smear of silicone on the tile edge.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to BAL SP1 for niches in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Hiya all, I'm a DIY gal on first bathroom. Wondered if you could check out my plans and let me...
Replies
Views
I am planning to tile bathroom with large porcelain tiles 1200x600 over water-resistant backer...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB