UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss BAL Whitestar dicontinued? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GazTech

My local Topps guy told me Bal are no longer making Whitestar, it is to be replaced with BAL grip or BAL white-grip, can't remember exactly what he said. Any one else heard of this?

The guy said this new stuff is supposed to be better, not sure how as Whitestar is the dogs!
Unfortunately it's true,White star should no longer be stocked by Topps,however I still order it and am still getting it until production finishes,I have friends at Bal and will get it from the horses mouth.Watch this space!

G

GazTech

I have it straight from my freindly BAL techno boys and area manager WHITE STAR IS HERE TO STAY its the number one best selling tub adhesive BAL make and that is official,three cheers for BAL hip hip,hip hip,hip hip,
icon10.gif

J

jocky102

Wot do u lot use to clean your tools after using white star/Grip.

I hate that bit at the end of the day.........scraping the ****e out of my trowels:icon9:

lol i know its a late entry to this subject cuz its been open a while but my apprentice is the best tool cleaner in the world, i remember getting £27.50 a week on a yts, they get payed at 16 years old £129, i had £10 digs, £10 bus fares and i smoked so £7.50 for **** and irn bru... they have it soo easy now lol

B

bugs183

Bal Grip used to absolutely stink of ammonia, it killed you in shower area and was hell with a hang over, but...
Boy did it stick! If you dropped on anything and left it a couple of hours it was a nightmare to get off. Great to work with.

They replaced it with the new grip about 12 years ago i'm guessing, and as above it was too dry and in my opinion doesn't actually stick that well.

I think White Star came out not long after the new Grip was introduced and we switched immediately to it, its a brilliant adhesive.
It was around the time they ditched our beloved Bal Wall :(
They also introduced the junk Green Star and another even worse and cheaper adhesive called 'Gold Fix' or something like that, it was total poo and we point blank refused to use it.
Glad White Star its still available.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to BAL Whitestar dicontinued? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, Up to recently I've used BAL tubbed adhesive for small format tiles and Topps Trade...
Replies
Views
J
Hey all, Just had the pleasure of using Bal green star!!! The drying time seems to take an age...
Replies
Views
I know this has been done a thousand times but here goes again. I am after the best price for...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, It's been a while since I posted here as work has been busy. I'm after some advice...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.