Guest viewing is limited

Discuss BAL-WP1 , Easy enough ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah it pretty much does the same thing. Do from the bath up to the height of the shower head. If you can, tank onto the edge of the shower. Use a tile set against the wall and slide it along the bath with a pencil on the bottom. This will mark where a tile will fall. Tank to that line and then when you do tile, given the fact you have adhesive behind the tile, the tile will cover the tanking that's on the bath.

Then a nice neat silicone bead just to give it a nice finish (but not to waterproof anything, obviously)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
If it's the same as it used to be. You apply the tanking paste/liquid stuff in the corners and upto your line on your bath, I used to use an old paint brush for it. Then you have a loo-roll sized strip of membrane (I mean about the same width of loo roll, not length) which you apply in the corners and onto your bath. Then paint over it with the goo again, then either roll or paint the goo onto the whole wall.

You'll be able to cut a cross into your netting/matting/loo roll stuff and apply that over your pipes and paint around it. Ensure you have fully tanked to the pipes and onto the wall. Ensure you don't FULLY cover the pipes in the goo as it'll still need to connect into the shower or mixer or whatever.

You'll be left with a fully tanked corner of the room. So if you had a shower at that point with no tiles on yet, ALL the water would run down the drain. So take a step back and have a good look and imagine the shower running and make sure you have tanked everywhere you need to before you tile.

When setting out, use a felt tip rather than a pencil just in case you pierce the tanking should the pencil be a bit too sharp or whatever. And take a bit of care when trowling over it. It's tough stuff, but it's not worth risking scraping the trowel over it.

With some tanking systems you do get a big sheet of the material you'd use in the corners, which you'd then apply to the whole wall sort of thing. I'm pretty sure WP1 doesn't come with that though.

I'm sure there's a youtube video or two on this, I'll go see if I can find something for you.

Reply to BAL-WP1 , Easy enough ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Guys, I'm unsure what grout to choose for our latest project and I'm hoping you can help. We're...
Replies
Views
On the final stretch of this lengthy project and would love to hear your views on Flexible...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
BAL-WP1 , Easy enough ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.