Discuss bathroom 20m2 in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

terrycoe1

hi i have a 20m2 bathroom to tile the customer wanted to tile over tile but i insisted no! the tiles are 360mmx 275mm. the bathroom is fairly new and all plaster board etc so the obvious thing that would hapen when takin exsisting tiles off is the walls coming down too!. just wanted advice on putting up new plasterboard and would you use the water resistant plasteboard round the bath area or normal ? also woud this just butt up to the bath edge or would i have to bring the bath away from the wall any advicewould be great!:smilewinkgrin:

Q

Qwerty

thats what i thought i have priced it up with the tanking included:) because theres a box section where the sink and toilet come off of it i can just tile straight onto this without tanking priming etc ??

Tanking not really required there, and as for priming...... depends on condition of surface which is to be tiled. Is it new board? I always prime plasterboard just to be certain that all is free of dust ready for adhesive

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
thats what i thought i have priced it up with the tanking included:) because theres a box section where the sink and toilet come off of it i can just tile straight onto this without tanking priming etc ??

if the boxing in is ply,re plasterboard it as well. and you don't have to pull the bath away,tile it in mate

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bathroom 20m2 in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB