Discuss Bathroom Companies in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Beware Of Working For Bathroom Companies. I Have Now Done Work For 2 Different Companies And What They Promise And What They Doo Are Two Different Things.

Firstly They Say We Will Go In Rip Everything Out And Prep The Room For You To Tile It, Walls Will Be Perfect. Wrong, Large Holes In Existing Plaster Board That Should Have Been Replaced, Areas With Tiles On Wall Other Areas With No Tiles Even Some Areas With No Wall. They Just Expect You To Fix It.

Some Walls Go Out And In By As Much As 4 Cm In A 2 Foot Larea. This Will Have To Be Fixed By You And Your Materials And Time But You Will Still Only Be Paid For The Same M2

Floors Plywood Only 6mm Thick And Nailed Down.

Tile On Top Of Tile "it Will Be Ok" In Other Words We Cant Be Arsed Doing The Job Right The Customer Has Paid £6000 For.

And When You Question Any Of This To The Boss He Is Some Kind Of Fu**ing Tiling Expert And Says It Will Be Ok.

Thses Guys P**s Me Right Off They Know Nothing About Tiling But They Think Because The Have Seen A Couple Of Tilers Working They Are Fekin Experts, I Must Admit Thouhgh I Love The Look On His Face When I Talk About Primers Sealers Weight Ratios For Tile On Top Of Tile.

Im Not Saying All Companies Are Like This But The 2 I Have Worked For Where Doing Substandard Work, Sorry To Keep Going On About This But It Really Pi**es Me Off.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

geordie2013

Went to do a job for bathroom company about 2 months ago. Turned up monday morning id been promised fresh primed walls. Also was told hed get tanking system.
Turned up to crumbley concrete with 2 foot long 3 inch deep gouges everywhere. And half of the bathroom still had wallpaper on it. Phoned guy up in charge explained that i would not be prepared to tile on those walls unless they were sorted. Cue all the swear words you can think of down the phone.
Told me if i did not do the job he would ruin me as a tiler and i nwould get no more work in this area ever again.
Told him to shove job up his arse.
His last question was what kind of f#**ing tiler are you.
Nice one mate.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom Companies in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB