Discuss Bathroom fitting in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fekin

I know this is a tiling forums, but the plumbing forums a bit quiet still so I thought I'd off topic it here.

Basically, is there currently certain qualifications you must have by law to be a bathroom fitter, ie change bathroom suites only, not really looking at plumbing in general, just wanted to know if theres anything in law that you must have, or could be taken to court over not having if installing bathroom suites ?

Cheers for replies

U

uug197h

there are no qualifications needed to fit bathroom suites (currently) its like the water regs if you have the qualification then you have to stick to them by law but if you dont have the qualification there is no law (currently) to say you have to do any of the things in the regs, But things are changing they have done it with gas (corgi) and electric (Part P) water is next:75:

Its the insurance that gets you now

C

ChaseTiling

Water regs are coming into effect now with regards to where you put and what type of fittings you use - such as check valves, isolation valves.....

Also, building regs are getting tighter on installations too - such as minimising 'dead legs' of pipework on the hot supply, pipe clips etc....

Suplementary earth bonding is a big one to look out for when using plastic fittings and pipe from copper. Make sure you use it!!

:)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom fitting in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hey, this is my first time attempting to tile in my first home. Did a bunch of research last...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB