Discuss bathroom fittings??? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

CLAYS TILES

hi all,
i have now completed my plumbing course & water regs,so now i'm ready to go out & along with my tiling i'm now offering to do bathroom fittings!
here's my question - wot would be the going rate to do a full bathroom fitting??
not the tiling i can do that seperate,i'm more concerned of the fittings (bath,wc,basin etc) inc. any pipework changes if needed???
confused.gif

thanks in advance
Daz
:thumbsup:

W

wetdec

I think your best advice would be to start reasonable and increase as you confidence and experience builds.

As you will secure the tiling on these installs and that trade is well established you could possibly set your stall to make on that aspect while you play with the figures on the fitting. Without under selling yourself but get greedy and you will struggle.

Best of luck m8:thumbsup:

tiler

G

Grace'sDad

I added plumbing to my liability cover and it didn't go up at all.
I am covered for "basic" water plumbing - NO GAS.
Also I can't solder on site, that would have pushed the premium up by 40% which isn't an issue seeing as I use push fit and compression only. Any awkward plumbing and I call in a real plumber. A tiler's got to know his limitations!!!

Oh, and I asked this question a number of weeks ago. I think the going rate for a like-for-like bathroom install, with only basic alterations to plumbing is £400 - £500 for WC / Basin / Bath.

P

pjtiler

I added plumbing to my liability cover and it didn't go up at all.
I am covered for "basic" water plumbing - NO GAS.
Also I can't solder on site, that would have pushed the premium up by 40% which isn't an issue seeing as I use push fit and compression only. Any awkward plumbing and I call in a real plumber. A tiler's got to know his limitations!!!

Oh, and I asked this question a number of weeks ago. I think the going rate for a like-for-like bathroom install, with only basic alterations to plumbing is £400 - £500 for WC / Basin / Bath.
aye its the gas that pushes the rate up
but its worth it when you concider the price of pushfitt and conex fittings compared to endfeed

T

theyomper

I charge between £350 and £450 to strip out and replace a suite, allowing 2 days to do it. Make sure you estimate the fittings as they can soon mount up more so if you are using pushfits. When connecting up the bath taps I always use a flexi fitting with a push fit.........it makes life so much easier that trying to get your grips in what is normally a confined working area.

Have fun and double check any joints, it's a good feeling when you commision it and have no drips.

O

Olz

just to clarify my estimate of £1000 / £1300
was for a full referb ripping out all sanitary ware wall & floor tiling
allowing a week:thumbsup:

That's very reasonable to be fair mate,

18 months ago we were given estimates of £2000 + for a bathroom strip refit repairing water damage to a plaster board wall.

Shows a good profit margin though, ended up doing the majority myself, had a builder in to knock two walls out and rebuild them, (changing an L shaped room into a rectangle) done at mate's rates. That included boarding out the walls and floor, new bathroom suite, and wall and floor tiling.

In total came to just over 1K. Just over three weeks work, in fits and starts though fit in around work etc.

I would definatley look to go down this route if i ever make it full time.

It helps that I enjoy plumbing and minor joinery almost as much as tiling though.

When i got liability quotes tiling for 1 million was between £50 - £80, it was around £20 more for plumbing (non central heating / Gas) but they asked if heat was involved, hot water didnt apply as heat, but soldering with a torch did! The price rose to £300 for 1 million, just to use a blow torch!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CLAYS TILES

just to clarify my estimate of £1000 / £1300
was for a full referb ripping out all sanitary ware wall & floor tiling
allowing a week:thumbsup:
i'm glad you cleared that up,i thought it was just for fitting :huh2: glad to hear you added the tiling into that!!!:grin:

i'm not on gas neither (just the wet side) you can kill people with gas, atleast they have a swimming chance!:lol:

S

sibs

I have just been to look at a bathroom... the guy wants a full bathroom refit. Here's a rundown:-

Take out old bathroom suite - take radiator off wall - strip tiles off the walls - repair walls behind tiles if necessary - take chipboard floor up and replace with 18mm ply screwing every 300mm - install a thermostatic shower mixer [including shower head i presume but don't know if they want it out of wall or ceiling] - tank shower area - lay UFH - full tile walls and floor + heated mirror - fit new suite and heated towel rail - fit shower screen.

Area of floor to be replaced is 4.5m2

Walls are 20m2

Floor area to be tiled is 3m2

I will be supplying everything except the bathroom suite, screen and thermostatic mixer , all tiles, heated towel rail and heated mirror.

I was thinking £1500 including all mats

Would appreciate anyone's imput on my price - is it too high -too low etc

Daz I will pm you mate

P

pjtiler

I have just been to look at a bathroom... the guy wants a full bathroom refit. Here's a rundown:-

Take out old bathroom suite - take radiator off wall - strip tiles off the walls - repair walls behind tiles if necessary - take chipboard floor up and replace with 18mm ply screwing every 300mm - install a thermostatic shower mixer [including shower head i presume but don't know if they want it out of wall or ceiling] - tank shower area - lay UFH - full tile walls and floor + heated mirror - fit new suite and heated towel rail - fit shower screen.

Walls are 20m2

I will be supplying everything except the bathroom suite, screen and thermostatic mixer , all tiles, heated towel rail and heated mirror.

Daz I will pm you mate
you,ve got a good 7 / 8 days work there so if you say £200 materials
£1300 labour seams a fair price to me

D

DHTiling

Walls are 20m2

Daz I will pm you mate

Looks a nice job Tina ...don't forget the pics to show us.........:grin:

C

CLAYS TILES

Walls are 20m2

Daz I will pm you mate
hi tina
i've pm'd you back!
daz

O

Olz

Thanks pj & Dave..... so you think its a fair price all in? The only thing I'm really worried about is fitting the thermostatic mixer valve. They are installing a high pressure boiler but I'm not sure where to take the water supply from or how easy/difficult it is to do

I've only ever fitted two, mine and my brothers,

In both cases, i extended the hot and cold water pipes directly to the mixer valve, then tee'd off them for the sink and bath.

As far as i'm aware it doesnt matter which order the sink, bath, shower feed from the hot and cold water pipes, shower ended up on the end in both instances purley because of the layout of the bathroom.

One goes sink, bath, shower, the other goes bath, sink, shower.

Water will follow the easiest route, so the last thing on the pipe (shower in my examples above) will be the first to lose pressure if one of the others is turned on, if you see what i mean.

In term of getting onto the pipes, i completely changed the layout of the bathrooms so just cut into the pipes where they came into the room, layed all new pipes cos everything was in a different place so it was easier.

It was literally a case of getting the boards up, cutting the pipes, then connecting new pipe and laying it out as required, 1/2 days work with speedfit pipe and fittings.

Save the copper as well if the customer doesnt want it, weigh it all in at the end of the year for your xmas bonus!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bathroom fittings??? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB