Discuss Bathroom fixings in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Evening all,
I have just noticed that the proposed locations of my new basin and toilet are not quite central to the newly laid floor tiles and soon to be laid wall tiles. Is this usually a consideration?
Just to add to the mix, I have installed ceiling downlights and positioned them in line with original fixings so it's either toilet/basin in line with tiles or lights???
Just curious to hear if this is usually considered when re designing a bathroom.
Thanks in advance.

C

Colour Republic

depends on whos designing it!

How far off center are the floor tiles?
A tiler will normally set the tiles to the floor space, or may take into consideration the wall tiles when setting out the floor if it's posible to line up grout lines.

Setting to fixtures and fittings may also be taken in to consideration if the tiler is made aware of where these will be, it's common to set out to a basin if it doesn't mess with other aspects of the room

Sorry to be vague but there are many elements to a bathroom so all things should be considered if it doesn't have a knock on effect.

Q

Qwerty

Yes, I always consider it, but sometimes it just cannot be achieved. It really comes down to personal preference, but is always best to get items central to wall tiles before floor tiles (eyes are drawn to waist to head height......not to the floor!)

The lights do not really matter to be honest. The most important one to get central is the basin as this usually has a cabinet or mirror above, not to mention waste underneath, and anything out of centre can look odd

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom fixings in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB