Discuss Bathroom floor/choice in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tatyhead

I have a choice of materials as I am back to joists.

We have 100 x 50 joists in the bathroom (its a bungalow) the widest span is 2 mtrs. We have screwed and glued 12mm ply to the underside of the joists in 200mm wide strips travelling with the joists. This will carry 70mm insulation board between the joist onto which we will clip U/H pipe topped to joist level with biscuit mix screed.

Q. Given this spec to date what would we put on top to finish with 600 x300 porc tile.

I've read a lot and realise two jobs are rarely the same especially if you have limited experience. Theory only takes you so far.

I'm concerned about blocking out the underfloor heat.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom floor/choice in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
In the photo attached I want to put down a new floor in the kitchen off the hallway. Currently...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am building a new bathroom in my own house. The room is on the first floor in a newly...
Replies
Views
We've got as far as stripping out the bathroom in our new (to us) bungalow dug up floor, laid...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
D
Hi, I have newly built shell of an extension and we are just starting first fix plumbing. The...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB