Discuss bathroom floor/first tiling job HELP! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi all,:happy:
Gonna do my first Tiling job on Saturday for my parents,its a bathroom floor. Quite small, there is 24 300x300mtiles down on floorboards..The reason They want it ripped up is that the grout keeps coming out in flakes etc. Ive tried ripping them up this afternoon,the tiles came up not to bad,but there is a ribbed spongey underlay called HOMELUX, and its glued to the floorboards and is a swine to get up. Has anyone come up against this at all in the past?
So once I have got this up do you think I should lay down some ply,its only a small area,and didnt know if to use flexible adhesive and grout.Any help please.
Vinnie.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bathroom floor/first tiling job HELP! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB