Discuss Bathroom floor floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

cowgomoo

hi everyone, just had a little slow down and am almost ready to tile my wifes bathroom. At the moment the floor has a once luxurious lino but now it is tile time - the floor boards are a bit lumpy and so the question is - do I screww them down then ply then mat then tile or can I whip the floor boards off bosh the ply down then etc etc. My house is a mid terrace 100 year old job. I am only wondering to minimise the height difference in the threshold to the hallway. I welcome your expetise.

David.

T

Time's Ran Out

Cowgomoo - Your wife's got her own bathroom!

Up here I send her out to the local swimming baths.

Make sure the floorboards are secure - no noise - no movement - and as flat as possible.
Using 6mm Hardi tile backer boards float the floorboards with a 6mm trowel and stick hardie boads down using a flexible powdered adhesive - screw as advised - tape joints - using same flexible adhesive fix tiles.:thumbsup:

Timeless John.

D

DHTiling

Cowgomoo - Your wife's got her own bathroom!

Up here I send her out to the local swimming baths.

Make sure the floorboards are secure - no noise - no movement - and as flat as possible.
Using 6mm Hardi tile backer boards float the floorboards with a 6mm trowel and stick hardie boads down using a flexible powdered adhesive - screw as advised - tape joints - using same flexible adhesive fix tiles.:thumbsup:

Timeless John.

NOT wet and wild is it....:lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom floor floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB