Discuss bathroom floor quote in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

purleyite

I recently priced up a job for two bathroom floors, one 2.5sqm, the second 3sqm. Both seemed fairly basic jobs, pretty much all straight cuts onto a concrete floor. I priced this at £xx for both. im in the surrey/hants area. The customer said he would get the adhesive, grout and tiles as he knew someone who'd get them at trade price.

He then came back to to me and said he'd been quoted £xx plus they'd get adhesive and grout.

I thought i quoted a reasonable price for 2/3 days work. Did i over price this??

Im still quite new to this so guess need to learn from my mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BOFH

Well the job might have been a mare anyhow, these new chaps might be rubbish for all he knows. But lesson learned for you I guess and it's always handy to know what the going rate is. If you don't ask you wont find out and if your new to the game then you have to learn along the way.

Don't stress over it as I suspect this might have been a job to avoid anyhow, you might pick up a job tomorrow and get your £xx m2 just make sure it's a super good job.

B

BOFH

Way over priced, it should only be a days work to fix and grout those size floors, at your rate /s that's £xx m2, if your not fast yet you can't expect the customer to take the knock, you should quote fair and learn at your own cost, sorry if that sounds harsh.

Hi Alan, what would you say is a general per m2 price, roughly.

Cheers

P

purleyite

Thanks, i worked it out on a day rate not per/m2. I was told on the course i did for something that small not to quote per m2 as i would normally charge £xx pm2 so for two bathroom floors that would only be £xx, surely thats not enough.

i appreciate that its my falut that i cant get them both done in one day but surely i need to be paid for the 2 days its going to take me???

thanks for the advice.

Thanks, i worked it out on a day rate not per/m2. I was told on the course i did for something that small not to quote per m2 as i would normally charge £xx pm2 so for two bathroom floors that would only be £xx, surely thats not enough.

i appreciate that its my falut that i cant get them both done in one day but surely i need to be paid for the 2 days its going to take me???

thanks for the advice.

Your right, I wouldn't do it on a m2 rate for that amount of work and would do it on a day rate, your just starting out as you say, but regardless of your speed, you can't ask the customer to pay you for 2 days at day rates when it really is only a day max.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bathroom floor quote in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB