Discuss Bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

ALLSTAR

Hi Guys/Girls

I'm retiling my ensuite floor (wooden floor) due to the tiles being cracked, looks like about a 5mm ply was put on top of the original floor, thats why i think they cracked? I'm replacing with either ceramic or porcelain tiles, not sure yet.

Ensuite floor is roughly 1.5 mtr sq

I just want confirmation of the products i think are required.

1. Thicker ply 12-18mm?
2. Primer for ply (under ply or on top?)
3. flexi adhesive class AA or B & flexi grout?
4. Silcone for around edges?

regards
ALLSTAR

G

GazTech

Hi Guys/Girls

I'm retiling my ensuite floor (wooden floor) due to the tiles being cracked, looks like about a 5mm ply was put on top of the original floor, thats why i think they cracked? I'm replacing with either ceramic or porcelain tiles, not sure yet.

Ensuite floor is roughly 1.5 mtr sq

I just want confirmation of the products i think are required.

1. Thicker ply 12-18mm?
2. Primer for ply (under ply or on top?)
3. flexi adhesive class AA or B & flexi grout?
4. Silcone for around edges?

regards
ALLSTAR
for such small area...its cheaper to tile diectly onto boards with bal fastflex and polymer 2 part flexible .prime with acrylic prime onto boards,then tile and grout with wj grout and gt1 admix.........Gaz

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm a DIYer so apologies if I get the terminology wrong etc I've started work remodeling...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB