Discuss Bathroom flooring advice in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

I could do with some quick advice please

I have a maisonnette above and shop and the bathroom is directly above their store room with the pipes running through flimsy plasterboard downstairs.

Whoever put the bathroom in has tiled directly onto the floorboards and the noise from downstairs coming through the floor is very loud (and starts at 4.30am)

On top of that, even the smallest splash from the bath finds its way through the cracked grout and drips into the storeroom (causing me grief)

Is there any way I can (get a pro to) cut down the sound coming through, waterproof the flooring a bit and re-tile onto a proper base?

The bathroom is very small, around 2m x 2m, what sort of price would I be looking at for this sort of work?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom flooring advice in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm new to tiling and looking for some advice. I'm practical and usually pretty good...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum and I'm in some need of advice. Halfway through a major refurb at...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB