Discuss Bathroom in Raynes Park (SW London) in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mapoz

Looking for an experienced, quality tiler to redo our badly done 6.5m2 bathroom floor.

Background info/specs:
timber floorboard substrate
underfloor electric heating
60 x 60 porcelain tiles
wet room to whole of bathroom (including under bathtub)
walk in shower (square, approx 1m2)

The bathroom has been 'finished' 6 months ago, so want to preserve walls. We want to pull out the existing tiles back to floorboards/joists, and do a proper wetroom floor. Owner will supply floor tiles.

Scope of work:
Remove frameless glass shower, existing tub and tiled skirt, kickboard from below bathroom vanity (vanity and top to stay in place if possible), and back-to-vanity toilet
Remove existing tiles and underfloor heating cable over floorboards

Install new rigid subfloor (hardibacker or insulated board, may need to remove floorboards and lay ply)
Install under tile shower tray (e.g. marmox) (existing Impey drain should be ok)
Create wet room (existing 1m2 shower floor and walls are Schluter Kerdi/Ditra - but should be whole of bathroom)
Lay underfloor cable and retile.
Reinstall bathtub, shower screen, toilet etc.

Work is time sensitive, as we have 3 children under 7 and will need to cope without the bathroom while work is being done. (Start date flexible).

Please PM me if you are interested.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom in Raynes Park (SW London) in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello. First time tiler looking for some advice. Doing a bathroom reno and had a professional...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB