Discuss Bathroom Install part deux? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Butters

Thanks for all the repsonse yesterday guys, here's another question.

I know this isnt directly a plastering question BUT, what do I use to put up the new plasterboard with and what thickness should I get?

I have two breeze block walls and the rest are studs.

I know PB tacks will be fine for the stud walls but I want to get the right stuff for the brick walls.

I only have a B&Q warehouse near me.

Ta muchos.

T

Turkish

Drywall adhesive mate. Mix it up and put "blobs" on it every 30cm or so so they come out about 25mm so then when you push it to the wall they squash down to about 12mm. If you have a socket hole in it then put a solid run of adhesive around it and the same along the bottom of the board. There is a thread on here somewhere that has a great decsription and pictures on how to do it, i think Dave put it on. Oh and 12.5mm board

Turkish

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom Install part deux? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve decided to re tile my bathroom walls and floors due to the poor state they were in when...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB