Discuss bathroom job ceramic 250x200 in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul

Hi everyone hope everyone is doing ok great forum as usual !!!

Im fairly new to the tiling game after my course at Nett so a little inexperienced ,after sometime a customer has finally decided to have his bathroom tiled, (its just walls for now ) a big plunge i know but some of you said sometime ago it would be great experience for me so here i am

Im starting tomorow and im 2 minds whether to use bagged or tubbed ?

I like mapei from the jobs ive done already and was aiming to use keraquick for extended open time as im a little slow the tiles are 200 x 250 ceramic white 4 mm thick ,on plaster skim i was aiming to use mapei primer g im not sure if these tiles would be classed as large format and therefore would it be better to use bagged ? i was just open to ideas on using tubbed thats all ,also would a 6mm trowel be ok to use or not ?

thanks everyone in advance :thumbsup:

T

tfs

Hi Mate,

Mapei do a few types of tubbed stuff. As its a domestic bathroom I would guess that D1, D2 would be a suitable choice. D2 has the best grip which would reduce chanse of slip on the wall. You should get approx 5sqm coverage from a 15kg tub!

If you use the P9 you will need to prime the wall with primer G first if they are plasterboard. (probs get apprx 4sqm from a 20kg bag)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tfs

Thanks timeless john ive just been on tile giant quite suprised they dont have any materials online to look at i was looking for the P9 may try topps

By the way do you mean back butter (flat back) ?

Thanks for all your comments :thumbsup:

Hi mate,

Tile Giant will get any Mapei product in for you. If you order the begining of the week they should have it for the next week.

Keraquick would be suitable for this job to mate. This is one of Tile Giants main sellers so I imagine this would be in stock at your local branch.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bathroom job ceramic 250x200 in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Hi, im looking for some advice please on what correct adhesives and tanking to use in regards to...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB