Discuss bathroom job fussy customer in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM Ceramics

i just recently tiled 13 sq bathroom walls and a 3m2 floor done in 2 days finished late though last night tiled the floor with 300x300 porcelain (nice tiles) with the toilet and sink in aswell a tiny bathroom so you could imagine there werent alot of space anyway the toilet wasnt screwed in and the customer rung me up this morning say the toilet was on a angle also he didnt pay me that night claimed he had no money an he said he would pay me today i said i would replace the cuts round the toilet which by the way took ages to get them bang on so i told the customer to get 4 tiles he wanted me to pay for them i said it wasnt really my fault that the toilet wasnt screwed in so we agreed to go halves on the tiles

i wouldnt mind he was 3 boxes short on the wall tiles i went to topps and bought 3 boxes out of my own pocket because of his crap measurements. another thing i rung and said can i collect the money after the repair was done and he said im not in tonight sounds a bit funny to me

THIS IS MY FIRST FUSSY CUSTOMER

F

floydyboy

I think you r going to have problems with payment mate , you need to come down hard on this guy and put him straight before its to late.
I got an idiot on the go at the moment i could see something going down so i asked for half the money, if he rips me off now i won't be down as much. not all customers r like it just finished a good 1 tonite he gave me £100 tip:thumbsup:

I

IvegotsTILE

I'm with Flodyboy and Wivers.Tell him straight its his fault the toilet wasn't fixed properly,you want the money for the job,the tiles you bought and £20 for the time it took you to fetch them.Insist on the money.

Turned up on Monday to the biggest house on a new estate to do bathroom and 2 en-suite floors,I asked what the other tradesmen were doing there as the house was finished the customers had told me.
2 guys from conservatory company because customer didn't like some of the finish and didn't think the roof was as high as he wanted,window fitters coming to re do silicone on all windows cause customer said the finish wasn't to there standard.All looked perfectly exceptable to me.
This really started to worry me as they kept telling me how precise they expect there finish on everything,fussy is not the word.
Well I have been there just over 2 days and they have done nothing but slag off all the other tradesmen,when I told them I was finished I was waiting for them to try and pull me up on stuff(nothing to pull me up on though from where I was standing)They told me they were delighted with the job and that I'd restored their faith in quality tradesmen.
They even made the window fitters come in to see my work then say to them they should take the same pride in their work that I do(I found that below the belt and made me feel embarrased)

Bottom line make sure the jobs great then they can't pull you up on anything,if they do try though stick to your guns and don't take any s**t!

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
I'm with Flodyboy and Wivers.Tell him straight its his fault the toilet wasn't fixed properly,you want the money for the job,the tiles you bought and £20 for the time it took you to fetch them.Insist on the money.

Turned up on Monday to the biggest house on a new estate to do bathroom and 2 en-suite floors,I asked what the other tradesmen were doing there as the house was finished the customers had told me.
2 guys from conservatory company because customer didn't like some of the finish and didn't think the roof was as high as he wanted,window fitters coming to re do silicone on all windows cause customer said the finish wasn't to there standard.All looked perfectly exceptable to me.
This really started to worry me as they kept telling me how precise they expect there finish on everything,fussy is not the word.
Well I have been there just over 2 days and they have done nothing but slag off all the other tradesmen,when I told them I was finished I was waiting for them to try and pull me up on stuff(nothing to pull me up on though from where I was standing)They told me they were delighted with the job and that I'd restored their faith in quality tradesmen.
They even made the window fitters come in to see my work then say to them they should take the same pride in their work that I do(I found that below the belt and made me feel embarrased)

Bottom line make sure the jobs great then they can't pull you up on anything,if they do try though stick to your guns and don't take any s**t!

How is ya Mum IvegotsTILE :lol:

M

MICK the Tiler

Sounds a bit dodgey to me too.

Down here since the GST came in have not had any problems with bad debts but before that every second client would try and pull a swifty over the traddie. My solution was to offer 10% of the debt to a couple of biker mates of mine with the promise of no violence, But just the mere site of these two blokes at your door you would cough up the coin out of sheer fear. Then they would bring me my dosh and I would proceed to count out there commission and they would say "We already got that TOO mick See Ya down the local" :8:

BEST DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY I EVER DELT WITH. Thanks Lads.

L

LM Ceramics

ok ive been to see the customer and he has noticed something else the wall tiles were about 15 per m2 i bought them caus he was at work and i thought id do it for his convienence i wish i didnt one thing that is a mistake on my side was these wall tiles have sort of a pattern on them its a cream tile with loads of circular patterns on them he said some of them dont match which is fair enough i must have not noticed them not everyones perferct (it took the customer 2 days to notice it) he said the tiling was good but it wasnt how he wanted it which i can understand so hes goin to buy a box of tiles and im goin to replace the ones that dont match up

hes one of these guys who think they know it all he said to me " why didnt you go a full tile from the end of the wall" and he also said why have you centered the window" what a prick doesnt have a clue

thanks for your comments lads its the first time ive encounted a fussy customer before i feel like im the only one it gets me abit down i just want my money and get off that nightmare job

on the plus side i ve just landed a contract tiling walls in a new build carehome 50 bathrooms

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bathroom job fussy customer in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB