Discuss Bathroom Plasterboard Wall Cavity in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

hi there bchaz and welcome to the forum.
i have just done a bathroom last week that had honeycomb walls
the problem i had and hopefully you will not is that the honey comb ran thru 2 walls creating the whole wall between bedroom and bathroom which would have meant rebuilding both walls as this was all the way around except the external walls it would have needed extensive remodelling. in the end the builder myself and the customer decided that it would be best to overboard the excisting walls and tile on the new plasterboard. if your walls are in decent shape and the tile size allows you may be best off having them re plastered.
chris.
p.s hopefully some one on the forum with alot more experience in these walls can give you further info :thumbsup:

D

Daveyboy

That's pretty much all you can do but if you're worried about weight issues and have the space in the room, you can build another studwall onto the honeycomb board, using CLS timber and then plasterboard. The honey comb should have timber top and bottom (or left/right) which you can screw into..honeycomb is better than straw filled board that I have come across in the past...

STEVO

TF
stockport
:oops: sir ramic said it all fella. the other option if you have not already stripped some of it is to tile on tile!! Who was the idiot who invented these walls!!!
another thought if you have gone too far with one of the walls; see if there are battens top and bottom, then if so, cut out some of the honeycomb and insert vertical battens to allow you to overboard with fesh lovely plasterboard!!
oh and watch out for the honey monster!! ha

G

Gazzer

:oops: sir ramic said it all fella. the other option if you have not already stripped some of it is to tile on tile!! Who was the idiot who invented these walls!!!
another thought if you have gone too far with one of the walls; see if there are battens top and bottom, then if so, cut out some of the honeycomb and insert vertical battens to allow you to overboard with fesh lovely plasterboard!!
oh and watch out for the honey monster!! ha

i said nowt ! :oops:

C

Colour Republic

honeycomb is better than straw filled board that I have come across in the past...

Many years ago we turned some bedrooms in a large house in to some recording studios, we filled the stud cavities with sand to sound proof. I always chuckle to myself when I think of the next builder that comes to rip the walls down, I can see the hammer being inserted in the wall to make a start and 4 tons of sand pours out:yikes::lol::lol::lol:. I bet they wouldn't have quoted for that:smilewinkgrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CJ CERAMICS

Many years ago we turned some bedrooms in a large house in to some recording studios, we filled the stud cavities with sand to sound proof. I always chuckle to myself when I think of the next builder that comes to rip the walls down, I can see the hammer being inserted in the wall to make a start and 4 tons of sand pours out:yikes::lol::lol::lol:. I bet they wouldn't have quoted for that:smilewinkgrin:

thats just nasty colour!! but boy would i like to be there when it happens lol :lol::lol::lol:

C

Colour Republic

thats just nasty colour!! but boy would i like to be there when it happens lol :lol::lol::lol:

I can just see the confusion on their faces:lol:

I pray that it's an apprentice that takes it down, I'm sure he wouldn't know what it was for a split second and they'd try and hold it back just like you would do with a water leak. I can see him in tears then his govnor coming in, seeing it and yelling 'what **** have you done!"

ahhh the smallest pleasures in life:smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom Plasterboard Wall Cavity in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm part re-tiling/plastering a bathroom, which as the pictures show, has masonary to...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I am refitting the bathroom, and have removed the (two layers of) tiles but unfortunately not...
Replies
Views
I am a part-time handyman - have done floor tiling before and small areas of wall tiling but...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB