Discuss Bathroom preparation in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jond500

Hi All,

I'm just about to start getting my bathroom prepared ready to tile and have a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind helping with:

As i was removing the old tiles they started to bring the bonding away from the wall due to the rubbery black adhesive, instead of trying to repair it I have just removed all of the bonding? or cement based render and now have exposed breeze block.

As this is the driest end of the bathroom i'm planning to dot\dab 12.5mm moisture resistant plasterboard, the main question is where the window fitters seem to have smashed the cement board on the window cill leaving the cavity exposed how I fix it so that when tiled over the tiles won't break.

I'm thinking about using something like hardibacker board applied with pinkgrip and then dot dab plasterboard over it before tiling. I don't have much experience tiling but my understanding if the preparation is right the finish should be good?

Many thanks for any advice or other ways of doing it :)

Cheers,

Jon.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom preparation in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
As an introduction, I'm a DIY home owner who has gutted the bathroom in a house built in 1980...
Replies
Views
Tony R
T
Hello. First time tiler looking for some advice. Doing a bathroom reno and had a professional...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB