Discuss Bathroom refit plan in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DoraCake

Hiya,

I've bought an old house that needs the bathroom totally gutted.

I'm starting to plan it and would like suggestions if it could be done better or if my plan is flawed. I've also got a few things I'm unsure about.

Bathroom.jpg

The picture is taken from standing in the doorway. There is a basin at the bottom of the bath behind were the door opens.

The back wall were the window is (I think) is Lathe and plaster attached to stud frame attached to the external stone wall (about a foot thick).
The wall the bath goes against is brick.
The room is 2250 x 1650 and 3300 high.
I'll be fitting more or less like for like and a shower.

The plan is:

- Rip out the suite and take the walls back to the stud and bare brick walls.
- Move pipework to suit new suite. Install pipework for mixer shower behind the stud wall.
- Have a spark install downlights, shower circuit cable & extractor.
- Fit false ceiling at around 2400 high. Frame it with 4 x 2 CLS and plasterboard.
- Fit Fan & lights. (Vented through hole in the wall in new ceiling void).
- Prime brick wall (acrylic primer), Dot and dab plasterboard.
- Plasterboard stud wall.
- tank the 2 walls.
- Fit laminate bathroom flooring (with waterproof sealant between joints).
- Tile 2 walls (with Mosaic feature the boss has asked for).
- Fit suite.

If the walls had both been stud I was planning on using Aquapanel. I was in checking the other day and unfortunately 1 of the walls is brick.
Should I use Moisture Resistant plasterboard anywhere?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom refit plan in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
In about 2-3 weeks after we got our bathroom fitted we noticed that the grout cracked along one...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi, im looking for some advice please on what correct adhesives and tanking to use in regards to...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB