Discuss Bathroom Refurb in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

alanrob

I am refurbing the kids bathroom. It will have a bath with a ceiling mounted power shower head and head on a hose. So I want it to be as waterproof as possible because, well you know kids...

I am replacing all the plasterboard, which was part tiled and part painted and knackered, with 12mm Orbry Insulated board (similar to marmox I think). Including fixing to the block wall which was dry lined. This will then be tanked with BAL WP1. Then tiled with 400x315 ceramic tiles.

The bath is going to go in before tiling I think. There will be a tiled shelf needed at each end of the bath as the bath is shorter than the room. I will put a baton on the wall for the bath edge and this and the shelves will be tanked too.

The floor is t+g pine which has been mostly replaced with 18mm ply.
This will be covered by 12mm Orbry board, BAL WP1, Electric UFH, SLC, and porcelain tiles.

Am I doing this right?

Should I put the SLC and ufh or the WP1 down first?

Can I put the Orbry board and SLC and WP1 under the bath too? I am am concerned about point loading from the baths feet.

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom Refurb in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm part re-tiling/plastering a bathroom, which as the pictures show, has masonary to...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB