Discuss bathroom tanking in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

brian c

I was wondering when you guys quote for a bathroom do you always try and get the client to invest in a tanking system or do you not bother?

If you do ask ,how successful are you with getting the job?

Basically in general i want to know if you try to get as much business as possible from the one job or are you just happy to get the tiling job,especially these days with the current downfall in the building trade?

G

GazTech

For the pittance that you can get tanking membranes for bri...most go for it now anyway........:thumbsup:.....it doesn't hurt to advise they have one and if they say no then just go ahead and qoute without......
It dosn't harm to ask if they need a plumber if the gutter is hanging off, a gardener if it's like a jungle, a brickie if front wall is falling over...etc. when you have mates in all trades, being there and giving cards out helps with your networking....Gaz

P

Pawelzik

...when you guys quote for a bathroom do you always try and get the client to invest in a tanking system.....how successful are you with getting the job?

Hello Brian.
Allthough tanking a private bath is only a recommandation not a must (like in UK) my german tilers always do tanking and don´t have a problem selling it as their customers can understand the reason. And finally the tiler has "a good feeling" having done everything from his side to seal the walls.:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bathroom tanking in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
We've had a wet room installed upstairs using the Impey wet room system (see attached). The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB