Discuss Bathroom - Tile Edge Trim (Question) in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi all, I'm currently tiling the bathroom and its my first time doing a full bathroom myself. I've done single walls before but never a full room.
My question is regarding the tile edge trim that goes around the window. After I use my diamond blade to cut the correct tile size when I put it against the trim (the cut edge) it will not lock or slip into the trim to hide the cut edge. (See pic 1)
When I use the good end of the tile it seems to fit perfectly and had a nice finish, but then of course my cut edge is facing the other tiles and thats not good. (See pic 2)
Or should my cut edge not be right against the edge trim but a couple of mil away so that you then grout between it ? (see pic 3)
Pic 1
Broken Link Removed
Pic 2
Broken Link Removed
Pic 3
Broken Link Removed
p.s. Sorry for the poor quality pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Matt

As Tommy says, most tiles have a "rounded" edge, so are slightly thinner at the edge.

From the pics, it looks as though you have a 7.5mm Tileasy trim. Try the 10mm :thumbsup:

Here are the pics to make it alittle easier for folk

img0152a.jpg

img0153k.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom - Tile Edge Trim (Question) in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and after some advice after a professional install. Just had kitchen...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB