Discuss Bathroom Tiling - A few pointers needed please in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

teacake

I'm tiling 2 walls in my bathroom and would like suggestions on best products to use.
Tiles are ceramic 200 x 300 x 7mm thick being put onto new plasterboard with 2mm spacers. The two walls are not around the bath so will get minimal splashing. I'm competent but not a professional. I'm wondering about the following:
- Does the plasterboard need any priming before tiling
- Bead size to use for adhesive - is 6mm ok or should I go bigger
- Adhesive - tubbed (Bal Whitestar / Mapei D1?) or bagged cement based - if bagged have you any recommendations. Because I'm not as fast as a pro I would benefit from one with a longer open time
- Are any grouts more suitable than others for a non pro.

Thanks

Q

Qwerty

- Does the plasterboard need any priming before tiling

It doesn't need it but some of us like to

- Bead size to use for adhesive - is 6mm ok or should I go bigger

Trowel size? I would go 8mm

- Adhesive - tubbed (Bal Whitestar / Mapei D1?) or bagged cement based - if bagged have you any recommendations. Because I'm not as fast as a pro I would benefit from one with a longer open time

Mapei P9 bagged

- Are any grouts more suitable than others for a non pro.

A not too highly modified grout such as weber joint pro or mapei keracolor

Thanks

You're welcome!

[emoji106]

D

Dougs Third Go

,,,and just to conclude, here's a few "pointers" :)

10516763_10204346390152941_1501333722118305870_n.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom Tiling - A few pointers needed please in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hiya all, I'm a DIY gal on first bathroom. Wondered if you could check out my plans and let me...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
I am planning on doing my bathroom up in January so I'm needing to get everything bought before...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB