Discuss Bathroom tiling advice in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

WillCalderwood

I did ask this in another thread, but that tuned into a screed sealing discussion, so I'm reposting just this question in the hope of an answer.

We're tiling a is a small bathroom, approximately 1.5m x 2.5m floor area. We're looking at a porcelain floor tile and ceramic wall tile. This is fairly solid suspended timber floor, 100+ years old. Joist spacing is across the 1.5m span with spacing between the joists varying between 250mm and 320mm, so no large spans. We've secured 18mm WBP ply on that. We have UFH between the joists. Do we use a decoupling membrane? I know it'll do nothing for deflection in the floor, but was wondering about expansion and contraction of the ply? Also with regards to sealing the ply, I've read about sealing the back to prevent absorption of moisture from the air below. Is this a requirement or a nice to have?

I'm looking at getting Bal stuff from Topps as they're close by, and seem to give a good price if you just ask nicely. Which Bal adhesive and grout would people recommend for this job?

Thanks

Reply to Bathroom tiling advice in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
I'm currently dealing with the contractor from hell who has ruined job after job in my house...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
I am a part-time handyman - have done floor tiling before and small areas of wall tiling but...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB