Discuss Bathroom tiling disaster imminent. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dazrock

Hi guys,

2 Questions.

I have just laid the self levelling compound (last night) and I plan to start tile this evening. I am going to use Keraquick and latex plus, I wanted to know whether or not I should use a primer prior to tiling. I was thinking about using primer G?

I have tiled the walls already and I am about to tile the floor, subject to the above. I am using glazed Porcelain 450x450. I wanted the grout lines to follow from the walls to the floor but this does not possible because the walls are not square. Any advice on how to do the floor so at looks neat, without doing a diamond effect.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Cheers

Dazza

D

david campbell

if the walls are not straight you can still follow the grout line if a bath is covering a full wall,even without that you can still follow,but all your cuts at the walls will be different,usually not noticable cause they are a few mm's:thumbsup:
try using a line from wll to wall grout lines and lay out the whole tiles leaving the cuts at either end to see what they will look like

ps-yes to priming

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom tiling disaster imminent. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB