Discuss Bathroom tiling help and advice in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Airbus320

Hi Guys, I'm an average 'DIY'er and have only just found this very useful site and wonder if you can offer me some advice.

I apologise in advance if this topic has been covered before.

I'm going to tile my bathroom and fit a new bathroom suite. :lol:

Should I fit the bath first and then tile onto the bath, ...... or should I tile my walls first and then fit the bath?

What are the advantages or disadvantages of either method?

Thanks in advance for any help.

F

faithhealer

Welcome to the forum airbus320 (!) Just did a bathroom refit this week. Once I had the bathroom stripped I 'set out' the tiles, ie marked on the wall the bath height would be and all the tiles. Check, for example you are not left with a 'sliver' of a cut at the ceiling! I then fixed a baton to the wall at the height of the second row of tiles and tiled the whole wall BEFORE I fitted the bath. Easier and less nerve wrecking than leaning over a brand new bath. Alternatively put an old quilt or a board of some kind on top. Usually leave the plastic film on as well 'til the last minute. (apart from where you have fitted the taps and waste. Good Luck)
PS use push fit flexis to connect the taps, an absolute godsend!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Fit bath, silicone, tile, silicone.
Only thing I would add is don't worry too much if full tile from bath doesn't work out, although this is advantageous, it won't always work out like this and a cut tile above bath will still look fine.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom tiling help and advice in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB