Discuss bathroom tiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

GazTech

Hi,

Assistance please.......... I have just about finished tiling my bathroom but i am having problems getting the tiles to stick to the underside of the bathroom window.I have supported them with batons for 24 hrs but the still fell off when i took the support away.The adhesive is a local tile stores own brand for bathrooms etc......
Ready mixed or tubbed adhesives are not generally suitable for porcelain tiles, this may be your trouble....Gaz
ps you can intro yourself as a new member here thanks
http://www.tilersforums.com/new-members-say-hi-here/

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

You will probably find your problem is the size of the tiles for tubbed adhesive. Generally with tiles of that size it is necessary to use a cement based adhesive as tubbed stuff sets by evaporation. With such big tiles, the adhesive will take much, much longer to dry (if at all) whereas if you used cement based adhesive, it sets by chemical reaction. I think this is your problem.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bathroom tiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
OK hear me out. Kitchen floor. Pro tiler. 15mm clearance from top of dishwasher to underside of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB