Discuss Bathroom Tiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
It depends what your existing grout is like. Grout is not actually waterproof (except for epoxy grout). So without looking at your bathroom it is difficult to advise. If your existing grout is loose and there are holes in it, then Yes it would have to be regrouted. However, you will have to rake out all existing grout from between the tiles first as you should not grout over grout. Cheers Sean

L

LorraineJ

It depends what your existing grout is like. Grout is not actually waterproof (except for epoxy grout). So without looking at your bathroom it is difficult to advise. If your existing grout is loose and there are holes in it, then Yes it would have to be regrouted. However, you will have to rake out all existing grout from between the tiles first as you should not grout over grout. Cheers Sean

This is interesting. My shower area could do with re-grouting soon. Is it worth using epoxy to keep the water out?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom Tiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, first timers here... I am tiling my bathrooms and prefer the look & neatness of tiling...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB