Discuss Bathroom timber frame - water damage in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dean A

After ripping the old plasterboard down in the bathroom, I have noticed quite a couple of the 2x2 timber batons are water damaged and starting to crack.

I have added several reinforcing bits of 2x2 (sawn treated rough timber) and this has strengthed it up.

I am screwing 12mm hardibacker onto the frame with aquapanel screws, and between the wood and the hardibacker is silver backed insulation (thin type) that I hope will help with moisture and heat retention.

My question is, should I treat the new unfinished timber with a sealer as its prone to moisture damage, or will the hardibacker, siliver insulation, and sealed travertine stone keep the moisture away?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom timber frame - water damage in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

K
Thank you for viewing this thread. I am currently working on a job and upon pulling the lino...
Replies
Views
Bubblecraft
B
A kind plumber has created a thread (that he's still working on right now) explaining the do's...
Replies
Views
T
Hi Guys, I keep ending up on this forum during my ever more confusing research into my (ever...
Replies
Views
trevster
T
A
Hello (1st post!) I'm in the process of redoing my bathroom, and decided I'd like to have a...
Replies
Views
adam.elemental
A
R
I think everybody one here uses backer boards at least some of the time but I wanted to put up...
Replies
Views
TT Tiling
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB