Discuss Bathroom to tile - Whats best tools in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Turkish

Kind of depends on what size of tile you are using and where in the bathroom you are tiling Carl. Normal ceramics say around 300mm x 200mm on a flat wall then something like a 6mm notch trowel will be fine. If i`m correct i believe if tiling in the shower then you will need a solid bed trowel, something like a 6mm `V` notch. More info would help really mate...

Turkish

S

sWe

I would suggest that you search the forums. There are ALOT of threads where people discuss tools.

Are you going to tile for yourself, or have you been hired to do it for someone else, in other words, professionally?

I'd say that the bare minimum you need if you intend to tile for a living, is the following:
  • Manual tile cutter (one which can do 90 degree cuts on 60cm long tiles will cover 90% of your cutting needs)
  • Angle grinder (or a wet saw) + general purpose or ceramics diamond blade
  • Electrical mixer
  • Screwdriver + screw bits
  • Hammer
  • Tile nippers
  • A couple of buckets
  • Bucket trowel
  • Notched trowels (4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, large format notched trowel)
  • Grout float
  • Sponge Float
  • Washboy
  • Spirit level
  • Marking pencil
  • Measuring tape
  • Silicone gun
  • General purpose knife
  • Stanley Knife
If your hands are untrained, and your eye-measurement is a bit off, you might want a big pack of 3-5mm spacers as well.

And I'm sure someone will pop in and say "Don't forget your drill bits!!!" or some such :lol:

As for brands... It's hard to go wrong with *********, Sigma, Montolit,, Siri and Rubi for the tiling specific tools.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Big-Smudge

I would suggest that you search the forums. There are ALOT of threads where people discuss tools.

Are you going to tile for yourself, or have you been hired to do it for someone else, in other words, professionally?

I'd say that the bare minimum you need if you intend to tile for a living, is the following:
  • Manual tile cutter (one which can do 90 degree cuts on 60cm long tiles will cover 90% of your cutting needs)
  • Angle grinder (or a wet saw) + general purpose or ceramics diamond blade
  • Electrical mixer
  • Screwdriver + screw bits
  • Hammer
  • Tile nippers
  • A couple of buckets
  • Bucket trowel
  • Notched trowels (4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, large format notched trowel)
  • Grout float
  • Sponge Float
  • Washboy
  • Spirit level
  • Marking pencil
  • Measuring tape
  • Silicone gun
  • General purpose knife
  • Stanley Knife
If your hands are untrained, and your eye-measurement is a bit off, you might want a big pack of 3-5mm spacers as well.

And I'm sure someone will pop in and say "Don't forget your drill bits!!!" or some such :lol:

As for brands... It's hard to go wrong with *********, Sigma, Montolit,, Siri and Rubi for the tiling specific tools.

I don't like to miss a chance:lol:

Don't forget to silicone your corners, and to make a proper job without getting into a mess use cornertape and silicone. The links below are to some pics of the finished results by using CT instead of your finger.

These are the results from 6mm CT and a similar size bead to using your finger and suitable for gaps of up to 5mm
http://www.tilersforums.com/attachm...57-cornertape-picture-finish-using-ct-ct2.jpg

http://www.tilersforums.com/attachm...17-cornertape-picture-finish-using-ct-ct1.jpg

These are the results from 8mm CT and only really used around baths or where you have a big gap to fill suitable for gaps of up to 7mm
http://www.tilersforums.com/attachm...18-cornertape-picture-finish-using-ct-ct5.jpg

http://www.tilersforums.com/attachm...18-cornertape-picture-finish-using-ct-ct6.jpg

We also do a 4mm CT but the finish and gaps between the corners will need to be 3mm or less. All sizes are available from a CTD showroom near you.

Best regards
Andy@CT

D

Deleted member 1779

Dont forget your drill bits.

BFKMX1.jpg

WE ARE LIVE AT EXCEL THIS WEEKEND AT GRAND DESIGNS.

Everyone welcome to come see us and get the tiling demo.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom to tile - Whats best tools in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB