Discuss Bathroom Wall and Floor Tiling Order Question in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

medlar

its a personal preference thing mate,me personally i would mark walls and floor,then tile the walls first,saves on the mess of addy and grout dropping onto the floor if ya tiled the floor first,although i know a few tilers who do the floor first then just tape and sheet the floor up.Go for what you think is your best option,as opinions on this subject will always differ

D

Daveyboy

Hi gena..agree with medlar on this one, pretty much a personal choice and how good you are at cuts..normally, I tile the walls but leave the bottom row out, then I tile the floor, then the bottom row of the wall tiles down onto the floor tiles..this leaves a neat finish. If the wall and floor tiles are the same size and I want to line up the grout lines, I tend to tile two adjacent walls, then the floor, then tile the other two walls using the floor grout lines as my vertical lines..I find this helps as most bathrooms aren't square...:thumbsup:

F

Fred

Hi gena..agree with medlar on this one, pretty much a personal choice and how good you are at cuts..normally, I tile the walls but leave the bottom row out, then I tile the floor, then the bottom row of the wall tiles down onto the floor tiles..this leaves a neat finish. If the wall and floor tiles are the same size and I want to line up the grout lines, I tend to tile two adjacent walls, then the floor, then tile the other two walls using the floor grout lines as my vertical lines..I find this helps as most bathrooms aren't square...:thumbsup:

Thats answered my long-thinking question on this topic, nice one :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom Wall and Floor Tiling Order Question in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB