Discuss Bathroom wall & floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

X1 15kg tub of mapei D2 & X1 7.5/2.5 KG of the same (depending on consumption)
No primer needed unless its dirty/dusty plaster- if so X1 mapie primer G 1KG (mixed 50/50 with water.
Mapei ultra colour grout 5KG (colour of your choice)

If you want a cement addy,keraflex grey X20kg & X1 10KG but then you have to use the primer G
Grout can stay the same.

Q

Qwerty

I would steer clear of a ready mixed (tubbed) adhesive.

Choose a standard (slow) set cement adhesive (bagged), and a cement (bagged) flexible grout. You may be better off using a white adhesive if your tiles are light in colour.

Using the acrylic or SBR based primer that the adhesive manufacturer (which ever you use) recommend for their products.

Whilst Mapei are very good, there are plenty of other manufacturers out there. Depends which tile places are near you really

S

SJPurdy

Consider ( I recommend) tanking the plaster walls in the shower area so that any water getting through the grout (which are usually water resistant but not water proof) can not damage the plaster.
As above I recommend a cement based adhesive (white if light coloured grout) with appropriate primer to fix the tiles, 300 x 300mm is about the size limit for dispersion (tubbed) adhesives and so may take a long time to set.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom wall & floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We are redoing our main bathroom and looking for a second opinion on tanking. We have bought...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB