Discuss Bathroom wall layout in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

benb12

Hi,

I am tiling the end wall of a bath surround that will have a shower fitted, at the tap end. It'll be a stacked arrangement. Everywhere I look it recommends tiling out from a centre line drawn vertically, so that the grout line corresponds to that centre line. However I end up with larger pieces at each end if I start with my first tile centred on the centre line rather than the grout line being centered on it.

Hopefully that makes sense, and is this a no-no or as long as I maintain symmetry is this ok?

It works fine as far as taps etc go. Pipes for taps have been chased into the wall and the taps will emerge from grout lines that I will nip away to widen rather than from closer to the middle of tiles in which I would drill large holes to accomodate.

many thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom wall layout in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Afternoon guys, In the process of tiling my bathroom floor and half height walls at the moment...
Replies
Views
Need a bit of advice on planning the floor tile layout for my downstairs cloakroom. The width...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB