Discuss bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

Agree with Hillhead !

If your shower tray has a raised lip you have to tile OVER the lip so water runs into the tray

shower_tray.jpg

You have to fit this item first (dont remove the plastic protective cover though - usually blue)

However any appliance that can be retrofit after the tiling should be done so.

shower9.jpg

The shower tray HAS to be fitted first because of that lip.
The tiles are run over the lip so the water flows into the tray.

shower5.jpg

Store everything else safely (another room etc!) while you tile the room

shower8.jpg

So you can tile the room FIRST then fit your white goods second they will look amazing.

Items like the above toilet, sinks and radiators can be reto-fit provided that you bring through the service pipes.

tile_drill22.jpg

As Hillhead said if its a FIXED BATH then it needs to go in first.

5.jpg

If you are bringing through service pipes you can either rough cut the tiles where they wont be seen.

Or we supply a tile drill kit to give you accurate and perfect holes where you need them.

sink4.jpg

Where you need accurate hole to fit things like sinks or radiators we supply a fixing kit.

kit2.jpg

This tile drill kit has EVERYTHING you need for service pipes as well as rawl plugs.

shower1.jpg

Install shower heads, Body Jets, Radiator pipes. Shelves, Brackets etc.

D

Deleted member 1779

I think the consensus is that ANYTHING you can remove from the working space will help

so good point !

1.jpg

Tile it FIRST and fit second - anywhere you can. In this example again the shower tray HAS to be fitted first.
The toilet has gone in second. And now the shower door is going in.

One slight drawback to moving big items in small spaces (that includes baths and glass shower doors) is that they can be bulky to swing about so be careful of those fresh laid tiles.

1.jpg

The bath above was not so much "heavy" but an awkward bugger to move due to its size.

The background provides a tempting array of objects to swing into. The bathroom was no exception either !!!

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Whilst I agree in principle with all that has been said and I am not an expert - I have always tiled the walls and stopped (leaving a cut row Normally) above the shower or bath. Then fitted the shower or bath and completed/ Only because I dont want to butter finger a tile up near the ceiling and have it fall into the bath and i also want easy access to tile.

I've started doing this now easyt, you only drop one tile on a bath, I've done it and there's no way thats happening again!

S

Scott

Bath boards guys its the way forward, especially if like most of the tilers here you dont fit the bathrooms first. I have a piece of ply that fits most baths and shower trays along with a thick canvas dust sheet folded double underneath as a chushion to stop any scratching. It alo stop you standing in the bath/shower tray, something which has always irritated me about some tradesmen

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Small bathroom tiling job in Stockton on tees ASAP, 90cm by 230cm approx. I have tiles, adhesive...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB