Discuss bathrooms in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi mate its a much better finish removing them and re fitting,,however you will come across instances and customers who dont want the expense and will ask for you to cut round them. i generally price it higher in this case as the cutting is more time consuming and i point this out to the customer hoping to sway them in the direction of getting them removed:thumbsup:

U

united

But if your going to move them in anyway do you need to have a bit of plumming no how or is it a bit of a simple job to do.Me thinks it might be usefull to take a basic plumming course as well

It will always look better if everything is taken out rather than tiled around but like the above posts its not always a perfect world and some jobs you will have to tile around.

I don't touch plumbing as I'm not confident after I flooded a mates bathroom :mad2: so I'm looking to do a course myself as it will be so handy to be able to move things and put them back without calling a plumber.

T

thevinnyofoz

Hi Hemmingway, too much for you to get involved with for now in my honest opinion, become a master at tiling first. Put your money into good tiling tools and a reliable ansd clean van. Befriend a plumber and work in tandem with them, really the plumbing side can get real big real quick and the extra cost of insurence and the vast array of extra tools and skills you will need will be a big undertaking straight away.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bathrooms in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB